- Current location,
- Upcoming locations
- Past locations
In honor of the university’s commitment to the Ho-Chunk Nation, as represented by the Our Shared Future Heritage Marker, schools, colleges and units across campus are hosting the Heritage Marker throughout the year and engaging faculty, staff, students and the community in a variety of educational activities to spark learning and deepen understanding about the Ho-Chunk Nation and other regional indigenous history and culture.
Our Shared Future Efforts Mark the Beginning, Not an End
Hundreds of people attended events last fall related to the recently dedicated “Our Shared Future” heritage marker, a first step in a multi-year effort to educate the campus and the broader community on the Ho-Chunk Nation and the history it shares with the university. The spring 2020 semester brings an even greater emphasis on the marker.
- Native November: In new First-Year Interest Group, students connect with the land through Indigenous lensNovember 17, 2020
- UW–Madison awarded grant to develop educational pathways for Native youthSeptember 28, 2020
- Oneida Nation of Wisconsin artist wins NEA award, helps Wisconsin Regional Art Program celebrate 80 yearsAugust 17, 2020
- ‘Often our communities feel invisible’: Q&A with leaders of UW’s Indigenous Law Students AssociationMarch 4, 2020
- March 16Intersections: Indigenous Textiles of the AmericasOnline Exhibit12:00 AM, Online
- March 25Treaty Rights, Culturally Important Beings, and Indigenous-led Climate Adaptation in the Ojibwe Ceded TerritoriesArboretum Winter Enrichment Virtual Lecture10:00 AM, Online
- March 25
Want your event to show up here? Tag related events with “Our Shared Future” when adding them to the UW’s event calendar.
Heritage Marker Grant Goals & Recipients
- College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
- College of Engineering
- Gender and Women’s Studies, Dept. of
- German, Nordic, and Slavic, Dept. of; and Religious Studies, Dept. of
- Information School
- Law School
- Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies
- School of Human Ecology
- School of Pharmacy